As a family business that’s grown to include many talented and knowledgeable associates, we believe in fostering a collaborative, supportive office culture built on strong relationships, stimulating work, and plenty of opportunities for growth. While each team member brings a unique set of skills and expertise to the table, we all share a commitment to doing what’s right for our clients.
Chartered Professional Accountant
Posting Date: 5/18/2022
Job Location: Saskatoon, SK
The Retiring Farmer Wealth Management Process is a concept developed from working with farm families across Canada. We are an independent, privately-owned farm family office. If there are two things we understand, it’s farmers and managing wealth.
We provide farm families with a comprehensive and integrated plan that reduces taxation on the sale of the farm and the tax-efficient transfer of the farm to the next generations, either during the lifetime of a farmer or through their estate.
Our team acts as the farm family’s personal Chief Financial Officer. Through our specialized team of professional consultants, we are responsible for managing and coordinating all financial affairs of a farm family’s business.
What we need:
We are looking for a qualified accountant to join our accounting team. We need someone who can maintain, develop, and grow our business by providing clients exceptional service in an efficient and professional manner.
Requirements and Duties:
- Completion of a professional accounting designation (CPA, CMA, CGA)
- A combination of relevant professional experience with the recent completion of the CPA Program will be considered
- 2 or more years experience in preparing personal and corporate tax returns
- Preference will be given to someone who has completed the taxation elective modules in the CPA Professional Education Program.
- Experience with agriculture clients would be an asset but not required
- The capability to explain advanced technical matters in simplified terms to clients
- Strong multi-tasking abilities and attention to detail are required. This individual will have the ability to manage multiple projects at the same time.
- Interest in Personal Wealth Management would be an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills including both technical and business writing, as well as documentation.
- Excellent communication (oral and written) and interpersonal skills that allow you to thrive in a team environment.
- The ability to develop and maintain working relationships with clients and colleagues.
- Demonstrate an ability to prioritize workload to ensure client needs are met.
- Ability to supervise and review the work of junior staff for accuracy and completeness.
- Become part of the tax engagement team in servicing the planning and compliance needs of clients.
- Manage the Accounting Teams billing and production and time in CRM software to ensure optimal productivity of the department. Report to HR and managing partner as needed.
- Support other Financial Teams if needed.
Details regarding compensation will be based on the successful candidate’s knowledge, skills, and experience.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: $65,000.00-$120,000.00 per year
- Bonus pay
- Casual dress
- Company events
- Dental care
- Disability insurance
- Extended health care
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- RRSP match
- Vision care
- Wellness program
- Monday to Friday
- Bachelor’s Degree (preferred)
- Accounting: 2 years (preferred)
- Chartered Professional Accountant (required)
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Accounting Position” in the email subject line.
Join the Team
If you’re interested in joining us, please submit your resume. Our team will review your submission and, if your experience aligns, we’ll reach out to schedule a meeting.